Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Fijian Tour

Oh i've been trying to tell you guys about my Fiji island tour that lasted like 3 hours but was totally awesome however Jonny & Kevin & Joelle were all talking to me online....don't worry i still love you guys.

So my tour started @ 9:15. there were only 2 of us on the tour, me and AnneMarie from Australia. our first stop was "the Gardens of the Sleeping Giants". "Sleeping Giant" is the nickname for the mountain that is above the gardens cause if you look @ the mountains you can kinda see a silhoutte of a man sleeping on his back hence "sleeping giant". the Gardens were SO lush and green, i was very impressed. Like picture the Garden of Eden, without Adam & Eve and no animals...then make the colors more vibrant. I guess that's the only way i can describe it

Next we had a short tour of the President of Fiji's village. very cool. Some of the villagers don't wear shoes cause they figure since their ancestors didn't wear shoes when they were here, it's like a tradition. A lot of the ladies were selling shell and stone crafts...there were even some traditional weapons that I just MIGHT get for my boys (the Homestarmy) but i might reconsider cause they ARE "weapons". LoL!

Next we went to the top of a hill where you can see the coastal area of Fiji. I got some great pics, i wish i could show you now. *sigh* i will when i get back. I even bought a cool royal blue summer dress and some new flip flops. very summery and cool

Man I'm hungry. I wish they had recognizeable food here @ the airport. It's all Fijian and i wouldn't have a clue what to get. I might get something small just to try it, but i don't know. I'm tired too. I see that it's 6:45 back home. I'm just gonna keep the blog in Sask time cause if i change it then EVERYTHING changes. Plus then i know what time it is back home. Aw, i Miss you guys lots! And why does dial up have to see SO STINKING SLOW!! Grrrrr, i guess it's better than nothing. I'll catch ya'll l8er! just 5 more hours til my flight 2 Auckland! bye 4 now!

No comments: