Sunday, August 21, 2005

Leaving the World - JustStayCalm

Sat. Aug 20

Hello friends, I know I haven't blogged in ages and I apologize. Sorry.
so here's the quick low down on what's been happening in teh Chronicles
of Capernwray...

A couple of weeks ago i had the best week ever! Mainly because I had
gotten a letter from Nikki (and I cried when I read that :( Mainly
because I miss my Nikki ) and a packge from Stacey and a package from Amy.
How awesome is that? From STacey I got:
-Ernie stickers
-zebra stickers
- a toy zebra (we have an insdie joke that i"m giong to "kill" her with
a zebra)
-Jonah collectors cards
-a whoopee cushion keychain (she gave the same thing to Ray and we
ended up having a whoopee cushion fight after lectures one night)
-PEZ candy & container
-jolly rancher candies
-a picture of us
-a Ernie and Bert cut out for scrapbooking (which I'm going to change
into a magnet when I get home)
I can't rememeber the rest off hand, but that's ok. THANKS STACEYFACE!!

Then from Amy I got:
-a collage card
-a card that the girls from church signed
-a LarryBoy bookmark
-2 pairs of socks (which came @ a good time because a couple of my old
socks had holes in them)
Why can't I remember the rest? Well you get the point anyway. THANKS
AMY!!! So ya that was my packageness! yay for me!

So this week I guess the highlight for me was giving blood and seeing
the ballet Dracula. Ya you read that right...I got my blood sucked out
of me (for a good cause, of course) then i went to Auckland to see a
ballet about a blood sucking vampire. Isn't that kinda ironic? I think
it's down right funny as! Oh and I also got a stuffed toy in the shape of
a blood drop. Ok that sounds creepier than it actually is. I've got a
couple of videos of me @ the blood donors some of them I just act like a
big nerd and I suppose that's okay too :) No there's no shot of them
actually poking me....I can't deal with that, and I wish i could get
videos of the ballet for you to see, however I wasn't allowed to. Oh well.
I'll just have to show you the brochure that I have.

It was amazing! I mean that's the first actual ballet that I've been
too. Well, I mean I've been to dance recitals but they don't even compare
to what I saw last night. I mean these guys are pros! And you could
tell! They had fog machines for some of the Dracula scenes, oh and the
coolest part was during one the intermissions they had the blueish light
on the ceiling and they had tiny lights installed in the ceiling so it
looked like you were outside and seeing the stars, they even had a
couple of shooting stars! Man I want to take dance again, especially pointe
because I've never done that before and I want to learn how, however it
know that's expenseful. So I probably won't get a chance to do it,
which I totlaly understand. Maybe one day...maybe.

Alrighty well that's all 4 now. Today my plans are to do pretty much
nothing. Well ok...go on a fish & chips "date" with Vanessa, then hlep
cook "evening tea" with Vanessa and Katie, then maybe work on my Monday
morning tea devos (I'm torn between doing God's forgiveness or
distractions that we have in our lives that pull ua away from God....what do you
guys think? Which should I do?), then maybe getting my Girls Bible
study figured out too (I'm thinking about doing a lesson from Lot's
wife...maybe). Alright, so maybe I won't be doing as much "nothing" as I
thought I would be. *shrug* oh well! Hope you year from you mates soon! God
bless!!

P.S. If you're curious to know, I've finished all of the "Chronicles of
Narnia" (well technically I didn't read "Magician's nephew" this time,
but I have read it) and before I finished all that those I read Daniel
(as in the Biblical book) and let me tell you...there's some weird as
stuff in there. That man had some weird visons of the end times I dont'
want to be around to see them happen *shudders* creepy as! But ya. I'm
planning on reading Isaiah, then maybe a book called "Finding God in
the Lord of the Rings" then another biblical book (Jeremiah?) then maybe
reading the actual LOTR. But we'll see how that all goes.

No comments: