Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Hey! Sorry I haven't really written anything in like a week. So..........the past couple of days have been an information overload blur. Here's the story: So I went to band last week and Mrs. Bates must have known i was coming cause she had this folder fro Brandon University and it had tons of info about auditions, the school, and an Open House event that they were gonna have on Nov. 15-16. Mrs. Bates suggested that if i wasn't working I should go and check out the University. So i was able to get those 2 days off work and after work on Sunday me and my dad left Saskatoon @ 10:00 pm. I was worried that dad wouldn't be able to drive in the middle of the night but since he said he was cool with it i guess it shouldn't have really bothered me. So we got to Brandon at about 5:00 am, had an hour or so nap and went to the University. Well dad dropped me off and so i was basically left with a bunch of High School students to learn all that we could about Brandon University and it's School of Music. I came in there thinking that I'd probably end up @ U of S cause everything just seems to work out nicely being there (friends, place to stay, close to home etc.). The Open House was really good, we got to sit on a Music History class and learned about Stravinsky, I sort of learned about the different styles of repeats in a Theory class, had a lesson with the Sax prof there he said that I had good sound on my horn and he also gave me some practice techniques, got to stay in Residence (McMaster Hall), got to see some student and faculty concerts (which were EXTREMELY good), so most of this was in the Queen Elizabeth II Building. There was just SO much info thrown at me that i can barely process it all. So i migh auditon by tape to Brandon, we'll see. I'm seriously considering U of S. Let's just pray that God will just show me where to go, cause he knows what's best for me.
 Posted by Hello

No comments: