Thursday, November 25, 2004

My Day

hey one and all! what's up? Well today was a fairly good day. First of all I had a saxophone lesson @ 9:00 am.........i know that' sounds early but i'm a morning person so i can deal with it. It was good. Kim said "Cantelina" was coming along good, that's my slower song. However i really gotta work on "Two Bourees". Argh! oh well, if you guys wanna pray that I my daily practicing goes well and that i can get my breathing, dynamics, style, and other details like that worked out in two weeks that would be super cool. Thanx!
So that was all done @ about 10:00. Then i got home had some cereal, then a letter came for me. See I'm going to New Zealand for Bible school in Janaury and i gotta fill out a Student Visa form. Here's the story of my visa : So i got a visa form from Capernwray, filled it out, sent all the info they needed to Ottawa, and thought "Yay for me that's done with!" However I got a letter back from NZ High Commission saying that the form that i filled out was out of date an that I had to fill out a new one (which was pretty much the same thing). So i filled it out, bought quite expensive envelopes so that it would get there the next day (it's reccommended for these kinda of things) and send it away again before the deadline the High Commision gave me of Nov.20. Then i get a phone call from NZHC on Monday Nov.22 saying that they didn't get my student visa forms. Uh-oh! that's not a good prize! So i was like freaking out and trying to find my receipts so that i could trace this thing on the Internet and guess what i found on my kitchen table..........my expensive envelope with my forms all filled out. Turns out i put the thing on our table thinking "Oh! I'll send it later, I've got lots of time!" Procrastinaion is not the answer people!! I was not very impressed with myself. So i sent it on Monday............and then today got a letter from NZHC............I GOT MY VISA!! Hooray!! Basically it's a sticker in my passport that says I'm not allowed to work in New Zealand and it gives the dates to which i can stay in the country. I did an extreme happy day when i opened the letter, if you would have seen me you probably would have been embarrassed ;)
Then i went to work as usual. My friend Amy stopped in with her mom and we all had a quick chat. Turns out they were on their way to "Les Miserables". Oh i wish! I would LOVE to go to a live musical. I'm SO excited for when me and my friends go see "Phantom of the Opera" in December. Hopefully we're all gonna dress up all fancy like and maybe even go to the Bez an take pictures. And that's just a movie! Then again I get pretty excited about anything interesting to me.........that's just how i am! Wel I'll blog ya l8er!

No comments: