Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Apr.13 Adventures

Today, we did a couple of things but it just all seemed like a big blur because most of the time i was sleeping in the car because NZ roads dont' really agree with me. It's like when you realize that you've turned left you have to turn right, and when you realize that you've turned right you have to turn left. It's kinda of annoying. So to avoid all that I just sleep.

I know we went to Dograville to check out the Kauri musuem there. Kauri is a large type of tree that's in NZ. Well the musuem wasn't just Kauri tree stuff but it was filled with antique's and other fun things like that. I think the thing that i found the most interesting was the old pianos.

For the whole 3 months that i've been in NZ I haven't found one bottle of iced tea, then again i wasn't really looking for one, but i did find one today. Man, did that ever tast good after 3 months of being without it. I even took picture of the bottle just in case that was the one iced tea I'd see in NZ.

We then went to the beach near Raukaka, and me and mom just kinda splashed around in the waves because we relaly didn't feel like doing excessive swimming.

After that we had a little look around on Finlayson's farm and saw an actual Kauri tree. The diameter of the one we saw was about 10 meters. So they're quite huge trees.

I guess that's about it for now.maybe I'll think of something more interesting to blog later on.

No comments: