Saturday, July 09, 2005

L'Italiana in Algeri-Rossini


hello Hello!! It's Sunday July 10 on a fine non rainy day in Hamilton New Zealand. Yay for no rain...however I might have said that too soon because knowing this country it can rain at any second.

It's one week until I can go to school and next semester starts up! Man, I"m SO excited! Seriously! I haven't been this excited for school since last semester started. I just love it though :) Apparently there's only 36 students this semester. Last one there was about 60 of us and 40 of us were Canadians. However this time 'round there's about 10 Canadians, 10 Americans, and 10 from everywhere else in the world. 30 people! That's it! That's like half of last semester, which means there might only be two people per room rather than 4 people. I guess that's cool too. Please pray for the new students as they are travelling down to New Zealand. And also for the returning students that we will be good examples to these new students. Thanx guys!!

Lately I've just been realising that the Christian life is not the matter of keeping man out of Hell...it's getting God back into man, where He belongs. See, God created us perfect, in His likeness, without sin. However in the Garden of Eden Adam and Eve disobeyed God by eating of "the tree of knowledge of good and evil". And so from then on man has been sinning. God sent Christ as the ultimate atonement for our sins. All that we need to do is believe that Christ died for us and has beaten death by rising from the grave. That's it. There is NO need for "working to try and please God". Once you're a Christian, that's it. However there is one thing that we need to do: let Christ live His life through us. Please if you have any questions about anything at all that I just said...let me know. I guess this is what's just been going through my head over the past couple of months and i know it in my head, it's just once i put it into words it might confuse people. But ya, let me know if you have any questions :)

Oh I'm also getting my hair cut today...I"m thinking kinda like how Kelly Clarkson has her hair in her "Since You've Been Gone" video. So, we'll see how that looks on me ;)

No comments: