Monday, July 25, 2005

Sat. July 22

Hello again! sorry for the almost week long blog update delay! Been
busy 'round here!

Well the Spring 2005 semester @ Capernwray has finally started.
There's about 37 students here, huge difference from last time! There's about
1/3 Canadians, 1/3 Americans and 1/3 Asian/European students. So it's
kinda nice that there' a bit of an even mix.
oh funny story! Us returning students (RS's) were having a meeting and
we saw a newbie (whose name we found out later was Drew) walk by us.
Now Drew's a really really big guy and Charlie made the comment "hey i
bet if we all gang up on him, we can take him down". Ya, it was funny, i
guess you had to have been there. I also met my new roomie that day.
Her name is Jennifer and she's from Idaho (US). You know where they
filmed Napolean Dynamite? Well that's where she's from. Apparently she knows
the brother of the guy who wrote the movie. So that's pretty cool. I'm
having fun with her so far. I almost got attacked by her alarm clock
falling from her bed, so we already are having a great time together :)

As for what I have to do as an RS, its' a little different from last
semester. I'm now in charge of making sure all the morning duties are
being done around the Homestead. I was also picked by Ron to be on student
council with Vanessa and Richard. I think that'll be interesting
because I haven't been on a student rep since Gr.9 and that doesn't even
count because no one knew I was even in that position. Ya, Naicam School
will do that to you. And our assignments are a little bit different. We
meet with Ron every week and discuss different things that we are
assigned to read. WE have to have parts of Systematic Theology read by
Monday. It's the best thing ever!!!.....just kidding.....but seriously ;) And
within 4 weeks we have to create a bible study based on passages that
Ron has chosen for us and from what we read from Systematic Theology. so
it's just a bit different than what i'm used to, but that's good
because I don't want to get into a comfortable routine here.
As for my family group here's who's in it and where they are from...

David & Margaret- my mum and dad- from Australia
Lejf-my uncle-Denmark
Charlie-USA
Josh-USA
Vanessa-Canada
Rob-Canada
Judith-Germany
Katie-Canada
me-Canada

so that's pretty cool. On our family night we played some "getting to
know you" type games, we watched a DVD that Charlie made from last
semester (surprisingly i didn't cry at all!!, Stacey aren't you proud of
me?!?!) and we just hung out. I think my family this time around won't be
as "loud" as it was last semester, however I think I need a little bit
of quietness now and then. Not that my family now won't have it's
moments! I mean with people like me and Charlie and Rob....our family won't
be quiet @ all :)

Yesterday Vicki organized a little scavenger hunt in Hamilton to get
the newbies "orientated" with the near by city. it was pretty fun. Today
a bunch of us headed into Taupo to see Huka Falls and to take a dip in
the hot springs. I went in the hotsprings when I went skydiving in Feb,
so I've been there b4. I think the newbies had fun :) i was more or
less the photographer while a bunch of people swam.

Then, about an hour or so ago, i walked in the computer room to finish
up some e-mails to my loyal fans out in cyberspace when Josh (my bro)
asks me "hey, are you going to be in on the Pinball Championship?". Now,
only @ Capernwray would you get a question like that. He was talking
about playin pinball on the computer and comparing "high scores" with him
and (my other bro) Rob. it was actually quite funny because all 3 of us
were really into it, we had our sleeves rolled up and everything, it
was great. Right now they're jamming away in the lecture hall. I think
Rob's on drums and Josh is playing guitar? I can't tell because I can't
see them from here.

Alright well I guess that's all 4 now. love and miss you all heaps! God
bless!

No comments: